With going out to restaurants (unless your doing takeout) not an option during this quarantine, we have been trying out new recipes and cooking techniques. Have you tried a recipe lately you loved? Comment below.
Here are some recipes based on different kitchen gadgets, enjoy.
This 10 in 1 does it all- it acts as a slow cooker, rice cooker, bread maker, yogurt maker, egg maker, and more. It is a great tool for anyone that wants to be efficient and save time in the kitchen. The top fully seals to trap the flavor, nutrients, and aroma. Heat is distributed evenly so everything is cooked to perfection. It uses minimal water for steaming so vitamins and minerals don’t dissolve.
- Chicken Curry by Real Food with Jessica- great served with quinoa or cauliflower rice
- For the vegetarian, lentil curry by Feasting at Home
- Mexican Casserole by Well Plated by Erin
- Coconut Milk Yogurt or Cow’s Milk Yogurt by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Whole30 Meatballs by Real Food with Jessica
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by Delish
This kitchen gadget lets you make crispy “fried” food with 80% less fat. It is also easier to clean and safer because you don’t have a hot bowl of unhealthy oil.
- Breaded Chicken by Real Food with Jessica
- Simple Salmon by Feel Good Foodie
- Brussels Sprouts by NY Times
- Sweet Potato Fries by Detoxinista
- Chicken Wings by the Kitchn (great tossed in the New Primal or Primal Kitchen sauces)
This cooking technique is not only delicious but healthy. By insulating food with herbs and spices, the flavors (and nutrients) are absorbed into the food rather than cooked out. Since the food comes out so flavorful, less salt and fat is needed in the process. Make sure to use stasher bags instead of plastic bags for safety!
- Steak with Chimichurri sauce by Shared Appetite
- Salmon with lemon and dill by bon appetit
- Chicken breast with lemon by Upstate Ramblings
- Pulled Pork Mexican Lettuce Wraps by Street Smart Kitchen
- Honey Harissa Glazed Carrots by Sous Vide Magazine
Our vitamix is one of our favorite kitchen gadgets because you can make salad dressings, smoothies, soups, nut milks, and more. The best part is, it cleans itself!
- Chilled Spanish Gazpacho soup by Simple Vegan Blog
- 1 ingredient Banana Ice Cream by Simple Vegan Blog (have fun with toppings and flavor)
- Hummus by Pinch of Yum (can add basil, jalapeno, or other fun seasonings)
- Easy Pesto by Damn Delicious (pesto is my jam- I love it on Banza noodles, zucchini noodls, spaghetti squash or just as a dipping sauce with cucumber, bell pepper, and celery)
- Homemade Almond Milk (or other Nut Milks) by Clean Eating Kitchen (I love this nut bag or this organic cotton one)
With 10 different speeds, the KitchenAid makes whipping and mixing so much easier. KitchenAid now has a slew of attachments including spiralizer, juicers, meat grinders and more.
- No Bake Energy Bites by Yummly
- Celebrating a Birthday? Try this Paleo Chocolate Cake by Ambitious Kitchen
- The Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies by Real Food with Jessica
- Guacamole by Don’t Waste the Crumbs
- Seeded Whole Grain Bread by Half Baked Harvest
Cheers to trying something new and different this quarantine!
In good health always,
Kristin Oja, DNP, FNP-C, IFMCP