One of our goals with Functional Medicine is to support our patient’s overall health and longevity. We are constantly looking at the research and bringing new therapies to STAT Wellness with the hopes of improving our patient’s quality of life and decreasing their risk of diseases and all cause mortality. We are starting to do more and more NAD+ injections and here is why.
NAD+, or nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, is a key coenzyme found in every cell in our body. It has been referred to as the “anti-aging molecule” because it helps promote longevity and is a key player when it comes to cellular energy. When NAD+ levels are optimal our cells are more protected against mitochondria dysfunction and oxidative stress.
Unfortunately NAD+ declines with age, inflammation, infection, and other variables.
When NAD+ is optimal, it has a number of benefits including:
- Protects our cells from oxidative stress
- It has been shown to help reduce the production of beta amyloid and slow the decline of mental cognition (aka decreasing our risk of Alzheimer’s Disease)
- It has been shown to be cardioprotective, helping prevent and manage cardiovascular disease
- It may also improve insulin sensitivity and reduce the risk of developing other metabolic disorders such as dyslipidemia, diabetes, and obesity
- It improves lean muscle mass and muscle recovery
- Helpful when managing traumatic brain injury
When I received my first injection, my body tingled and I felt “revved” up, almost as if I drank an energy drink (which I don’t do). The feeling only lasted about 15-20 minutes but my improved mental clarity lasted several days. I quickly became in love with this product but lets see what our patients think:
Here are some of the things we have heard:
- “I feel like a cloud was finally lifted”
- “I can tell a difference in my exercise endurance; I don’t feel as tired during workouts”
- “My motivation is better. Not sure if its placebo or not, but on the days I get the NAD+ shots, I am so much more productive. The other day I went home and cleaned out my closet”
- “My energy is definitely better with NAD+ injections, but I’m just hoping to prevent my risk of getting Alzheimer’s since it runs so rampant in my family. I guess time will tell”
- “After about 4 injections, my smell finally came back post-COVID”
If you are wanting to try it, we recommend starting with 100 mg IM. If you tolerate it well, you can increase to 200 mg IM 2x per week for 6 weeks as a loading dose. We offer 10% off 4 or more injections and 20% off 8 or more injections. Be sure to sign up today! As always, ,make sure to consult with your Healthcare Provider before implementing anything new into your daily routine.
Interested in booking an appointment? You can do so here.
In good health,
Kristin Oja, DNP, FNP-C, IFMCP